You’ve been keeping to your diet, exercising regularly, but for some reason, you’re not losing any weight. It’s at this point that many people throw their hands up in despair, then reach for the cookie jar to cheer themselves up.
Whilst it’s frustrating to hit a plateau when you’re trying to lose weight, it’s important not to get downhearted. There are a variety of reasons why you might not be losing weight, and sometimes, it’s easier than you might think to get back on track.
Five Reasons You’ve Stopped Losing Weight
- You’re at the gym, but not working out. Just being present at your local gym isn’t enough to get that weight off, unfortunately! In order to lose weight effectively, you’ll need to be breaking into a sweat and engaging in aerobic activity.
- You’re eating hidden sugars. You always have a fat free yogurt for breakfast, so why aren’t you slimming down? Unfortunately, those reduced fat foods often have another food enemy lurking within them… sugar! Check ingredients carefully before buying.
- Are you losing out on sleep? When we’re feeling sleep-deprived, it’s almost impossible not to hit the carbs and sugars in a bid to give ourselves energy. Getting a good night’s sleep is a much better way of recharging the batteries!
- Are you sat down a lot at work? If you’re sitting down for hours on end, your metabolism will start to slow, which is bad news for losing weight. Every hour or so, get up, walk around, stretch, and speed up your metabolism again!
- Are you weighing every day? Weighing yourself every day is a bad idea. Your body weight naturally fluctuates from day to day, and can even change a lot during 24 hours. Weighing every day will not give you an accurate picture of how much you’re actually losing.
Get Professional Weight-Loss Help
Remember, if you’re struggling to lose weight, it’s not your fault! Losing weight is hard, and sometimes, it’s good to have a professional helping you. If you’d like assistance with your weight-loss mission, talk to Bellavista Medi-spa today. We’ll devise a personalized weight-loss plan to help you achieve your goals and feel great.